Wednesday 26 - Friday 28 August 2015
Terms & Conditions, Data & Privacy Statement
Here you will find information on the Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival's website Terms and Conditions, along with the Festival's Data Policy and Privacy Statement. To see our terms for the festival booking/registration process click here.
These Terms and Conditions are for the use of Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival website. In these Terms and Conditions "we, our, us, GEITF" refers to "MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival".
Acceptance of Terms
By accessing the content of www.geitf.co.uk ("the Website") you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein. If you object to any of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement you should not use any of the products or services on the Website and leave immediately. You agree that you shall not use the Website for illegal purposes, and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information. You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
ModificationGEITF reserve the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the Website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to regularly check the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. GEITF have complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
Limitation of liability
GEITF will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data in relation to your use of the Website. Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of GEITF, its employees or agents.
All intellectual property of GEITF such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the Website remain the property of GEITF. By using the Website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of GEITF and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
Audio, visual and photographic materialMaterial contained in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of GEITF. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Delegate only materials
By accessing the material in the delegate area you undertake not to broadcast, exhibit and/or otherwise exploit any recordings/transcripts. All necessary consents are held by the MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival.
The information is provided on the understanding that the website is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any related decision. The information contained with the Website is provided on an "as is" basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the Website. We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the www.geitf.co.uk Website and cannot provide any representation that using the Website will be error free.
Third partiesThe Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of views, statements or information contained in such websites.
SeveranceIf any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Governing law and juristictionThis Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
By submitting your registration(s) you acknowledge and agree that GEITF may pass your contact details, and details of all delegates registered by you (whom you confirm have authorised you to register them subject to these terms and conditions), onto carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to have your details passed on, please contact email@example.com.
GEITF is a charitable organisation and steps have been taken to ensure that consistently high standards of data protection are in place throughout the company.
By submitting your details, this will allow GEITF to contact you via, mail, email and telephone with more information regarding its services.
GEITF are committed to protecting your privacy and security.
1. Why we collect information from you
2. Providing InformationOn certain parts of this website (or in other situations) we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org.) to keep it accurate, current and complete.
3. Data Protection Act 1998 GEITF is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended from time to time). We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that GEITF shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Using your information We will notify you as to the types of information we are collecting about you as well as the uses we intend to make of that information. We may use the information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our online services or special offers, competitions or promotions we think you'll find of interest.
5. Who else will we provide your data to?
GEITF may pass your details onto carefully selected 3rd parties for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to have your details passed on, please contact email@example.com and do not submit your information on this website.
6. Feedback, comments & suggestions