• You LOVE TV and want to be part of an army of people behind the cameras whose job it is to make brilliant content.
• You’re ready and willing to make the most of every opportunity.
• You’re more than just a wannabe presenter - you want to be a producer, director, commissioner, scriptwriter, editor, scheduler, controller…or one of the many other thrilling jobs in the industry…the list goes on!
• You’re prepared to work hard on your application form and make it stand out.
Do I need any qualifications to apply?
You DON’T need a media degree or any formal qualifications and you don’t need any previous experience…. But you DO need ideas and energy- you will be expected to work hard and prove that you have a passion for television.
At The Network we’re committed to making the people who work in TV as diverse as the audiences who watch TV. If you’ve got great ideas but think “people like me don’t work in TV” then you’re exactly the sort of person we want on the scheme! The Network is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage applications from minorities and people with disabilities.
What will I learn from The Network?
The Network is completely FREE. All you have to do is get yourself to Edinburgh and back. The benefits and opportunities are endless!
At The Network you will...
* Learn the key steps to getting your first TV job * Discover just how many opportunities and roles there are available to you in TV * Understand what exactly people behind the camera do in TV * Learn practical skills, like how cameras work * Meet and learn from fantastically talented TV execs who have the power to give you a job